You can help out by simply checking the requests in our subreddit. If you see a request that you want to help fulfill, go to the Amazon Wishlist linked in the post, and purchase one or more items from that list. Please remember to report your gifts HERE, so we know what requests have been fulfilled. You can remain anonymous if you choose.
Tips for our givers
- Always check the history of the user by clicking their username
- Feel free to PM the OP and ask for proof of their situation. Please be polite and do not question them in an accusatory manner
- Moderators will be happy to assist you and answer your questions though we can not make the decisions for you.
- Our Littlest Elf keeps a list they may help you see who has not received help yet. She will publish it regularly after December 1st.
- Even if you personally disagree with someone’s lifestyle, remember that we aren’t here to judge. We are here to help.
- If you don’t think someone is deserving, please just move on. Badgering and making accusations is not allowed in the threads. If you do suspect foul play, please contacts the mods.
- Consider shipping charges before you pick someone to help. Being A PRIME member on Amazon can certain help with that.
- You can check with the mods to see if we have any reported gifts for someone you are considering picking to help.
- If you have even the slightest doubt about anything, please contact our awesome moderator team. We would be happy to assist in any way we can.
Holding a contest
- Come join the fun and have a contest or give-away. You decide everything including the rules, the prize, who is eligible to participate, and of course the winner. We recommend you require the entrants to be registered here at SLH, but again that is up to you.
- In your post, please state the rules clearly and give some idea when the contest will be decided. The make a post of who the winner is. We ask that the contests be fun and not just a way to make folks jump through hoops. Use your imagination and have a ball. Mods are here to assist in any way we can.
- It is important you report your contest gifts HERE. You can remain anonymous if you choose.
- You can check with the mods to see if we have any reported gifts for someone you are considering picking as a winner.
If an item has already purchased from someone’s wishlist, Amazon will remove it from their list . If you would like see what has already been purchased on that user’s wishlist, just add the following to the end of their wishlist link. It will revealed what has already been purchased.